To the sea! (30 weeks)

August 4, 2013

Time for my third annual trip to the Cape with the Midwoods! This year I had 5 whole days to spend instead of just a quick weekend so we had three full beach days with the most delicious weather you could imagine. Now this is how pregnant ladies should get to spend their time!

I took baby for a swim every day. Today the water was brisk at first, but quite warm once I got in. When I swim my body feels like the one I'm used to, the one I knew before I was pregnant and my belly had grown and my back had shifted. I floated in the ocean with baby tucked away in there and thought about her floating in me as I floated in Mama Atlantic. I swished my arms and legs and imagined her swishing along with me. I was so glad of her company and so pleased to give her the ocean. And all around us were hundreds of tiny jellyfish,  not stinging, just floating. And it was her, in me, in the jellys, in the sea. Perfect.



We took Maggie to her first drive in! Movie was awful, but no one cared!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, look at us!! And you were the purtiest preggo on the beach, by a long one! Love you both!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete