It's a girl! (22 weeks)

June 13, 2013




 Well, I never thought I'd be one to find out what I'm having, but turns out once I was given the option, I wanted to know. I had the option of learning, with close to 100% certainty, when I had the chromosomal testing, but at the time it felt too weird. She was barely a human, let alone a boy or a girl. Plus finding out from a lab test seemed strange. I guess you really never know what you'll want until you're there. I knew in my heart I was really hoping for a girl, and my mom made the suggestion that in case it was a boy and I needed to "readjust" my thinking, it would be better to know sooner rather than later. Seemed like there was something to be said for that...

So, today was the day and she's a she! And according to the ultrasound she's a close to perfect as a she can come. I know she may not always want to be a she, but for today she is, and I am happy. Kate and Leia came again to see what she is and it was so nice to have all the ladies together.

For much of the ultrasound she had her hands up behind her head, it was a trick to get her to move them. When Beda first put the ultrasound on she was lying COMPLETELY stretched out, legs totally extended, hands behind her head, lounging. I have never see that before and I couldn't believe how much leg was in there. She tucked her legs up so quickly we didn't even get a picture, but I'll never forget that image of her reclining. Hope she stays this relaxed.

I called my family and they all seemed unsurprised. April said, "Well, what else would it be?" Obviously, it could been a boy, but I knew what she meant. I too felt like it made perfect sense, like of course I'm having a daughter. Wow. A daughter. So much responsibility, but so much joy. I hope I can be a good mama to her.



There she is, my little girl. I can't wait to find out what she looks like!


And  there's her wee paw


 And there's her little hand, she got her pinky and  thumb up and the rest of her little fingers folded...Hang 10!


No comments:

Post a Comment